Business Development Manager (m/f/d) - Non Food & Asia Sourcing Office / External Professional Customers
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the food wholesale industry? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food and non-food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent merchants. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store and via delivery, all digitally connected. We're also proud to be developing our online marketplace, METRO MARKETS, to serve our professional customers which has been growing and expanding continuously since 2019. Moreover, at METRO, sustainability is a top priority considered in all our actions, and we've been recognized for our commitment to it by several sustainability indices and rankings (e. g., MSCI, CDP, and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index). We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
Our Hong Kong Sourcing Office is dedicated to finding top-quality products for all METRO/MAKRO Countries. We take pride in the value we bring as a wholesaler, and we're experts in catering to the needs of the HoReCa industry. As part of our team, you'll help us extend our services to third-party customers and be an ambassador for our sourcing expertise. Your mission: build a network of professional clients throughout Europe and connect them with the best non-food products from the Asian market. Join us today and help us revolutionize sourcing for the global marketplace. This position limited to two years.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Ambassador of sourcing: As part of our team, you'll help us extend our services to third-party customers and be an ambassador for our sourcing expertise.
- Network building: Your mission is to build a network of professional clients throughout Europe and connect them with our services as a sourcing agent for non-food products from the Global sourcing especially Asia Pacific market.
- Strategic mapping: Conduct market and customer mapping to identify new business potentials and use your strategic skills to help us revolutionize sourcing for the global marketplace.
- Client acquisition: Identify, acquire, and prospect new potential customers for our sourcing office in Asia, building relationships that last.
- Portfolio link: Create a link in the customer portfolio with different METRO entities like FSD, Pro a Pro, and other Key Accounts, and help us grow our business in exciting new directions.
- Transparent tendering: Execute a transparent tendering process involving the other sourcing offices to ensure the best offers are identified, leveraging your negotiation skills to benefit our clients.
- Bring your expertise: A university degree in Business Administration, International Trade, or a related field, plus at least 5 years of experience in Purchasing, Procurement or Sourcing in the field for large chains of hotels, restaurants, and caterers.
- Proven success: A track record of successfully onboarding customers and executing business projects, with a sharp business perspective and a passion for realizing opportunities.
- Growth mindset: A passion for driving new business opportunities and an entrepreneurial spirit, with strong customer and market orientation, analytical and strategic skills, and negotiation talent.
- Exciting industry: A deep understanding and passion for the dynamic world of wholesale and hospitality.
- Global perspective: A mindset to work in an international environment, with curiosity, willingness to explore, and self-motivation.
- Tech savvy: Advanced MS Office skills (especially MS Excel & PowerPoint) to work smarter, not harder.
- Multilingual skills: Fluent in English (verbal and written), and proficiency in other languages (preferred German; French or Spanish) is a plus. Join our diverse team and help us break down barriers across borders.
- To be part of a fast-growing international team that has significant scaling ambitions across multiple markets.
- Work-Life Balance: Trusted working hours, 30 days of vacation and home office options
- Further training: A comprehensive further training offer over an own training team as well as an own annual training budget
- Well-being: Health programs, a free fitness studio on our campus and regular employee events
- Comfort: Very good public transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility. Two canteens with a varied selection of meals and discounts in our stores and at many partner companies
- Candidate has great perspective in further pursuing his career within Metro Group with our fast growing various fields and functions after completing the assignment.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in