Design Packaging Expert (m/f/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
Job Type: This position can be hired in part-time (min. 20 hours) or full-time (37.5 hours). The contract is limited to two years.
Your essential tasks will be:
- Packaging design development for our international Own brand articles
- Creating international design & style guidelines
- Translating article data into visual elements relevant for artwork creation
- Ensuring packaging consistency across categories
- Masterdata creation for different channels (e.g. online)
- Supporting countries with best practice examples
- Managing project-related design costs and its related invoicing process
- University degree in design, packaging technologies (or equivalent experience) with minimum 3 years relevant work experience preferably in retail or FMCG environment or packaging industry.
- Knowledge of European packaging standardization and legislation.
- Experienced on design related tasks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and with design agencies.
- Structured way of working self independently.
- Fluent in English (both written and oral).
What we offer:
- A high degree of personal responsibility, the opportunity to grow personally and to motivate yourself professionally. We offer an environment in which you can contribute and implement your ideas.
- Work-life balance: trust-based working hours, 30 days of vacation and options for mobile working.
- Continuing Education: A comprehensive continuing education offering through our own training team as well as our own annual training budget.
- Well-being: Health programs, a free gym on our campus, regular employee events.
- Comfort: Very good transport connections and free parking including charging facilities for e-mobility. Canteen with a varied and sustainable range of dishes as well as discounts in our stores and at many partner companies.
- Company pension plan: subsidy to provide for your age.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in