Enterprise Security Architect (m/f/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de
Join our CISO, Ange Ferrari, in developing and strengthening an entire department and transforming Cyber Security capabilities on a global scale. If you're committed to making a real impact in the field of Cyber Security, you can #ShapeTheM with us.
Besides an interesting professional environment, we offer you a culture that wants you to thrive and allows to learn from each other:
- We try together, we stumble together, we get up together and shape our future. Be part of our transformation, build cross-functional capabilities and discover new ways of excelling in the Cyber Security field.
- We create impact in the world of food and offer comfort for our customers worldwide. To achieve this, we build capabilities to be the cyber-resilient omni-channel wholesaler.
- We invite you to take on responsibility, make our company your company and create a business together that remains true to its roots but always seeks new solutions.
- Together, we CARRY the M, we GROW the M, we INSPIRE the M, we SHAPE the M.
Your purpose as Enterprise Security Architect (m/f/d):
- You develop and implement a strategic and comprehensive architecture artifact (blueprints, principles, etc.) to be included into our overall METRO Enterprise Architecture to enable the development of the needed business capabilities.
- That is how you support METRO's business objectives and secure that our information and digital eco-system are protected against undesired risks.
- You’ll hold strategic influence over security and technology decisions and therefore implicit impact on METRO entities. With your expertise you prescribe the security technologies and capabilities which METRO must implement or use.
- Liaise with Enterprise Architecture and IT Architecture teams around IS related topics for Enterprise IT implementations
- Communicate Security Architecture Strategy and Principles to IT teams, ensure understanding within the CISO team and be part of development and change of IT Strategy and IT Architecture
- Identify business and technical security requirements, design security controls, provide guidance and advice on testing their effectiveness while ensuring the product implemented address both business and security needs
- Provide recommendations based on the allocated IT budget in regards to enhancement, integration or further acquisition of security tools
- Anticipate IT risks, take timely action and lead the development of technical capabilities as well as the development and maintenance of all business, technical and all other architectures with impact
- Create and maintain IS architecture documents that outline the operational, systems, and technical view of the security architecture, including all areas critical to cyber defense
- Provide expert support, analysis, research, and advice on complex cyber security problems, and processes
- Partner with risk management to quantify risks and translate complex IS issues into business language
- Build and lead community engagement programs within your ecosystem by attending conferences.
- Identify industry and technology trends, opportunities, and security gaps and help convert these into technical requirements
- You are curious, with a growth mind-set and enjoy a transformational work environment.
- Completed Degree in Computer Science or Cyber Security with around 5-10 years of experience.
- Proficiency in enterprise architecture principles and practices.
- Ability to collaborate with global Enterprise Architecture teams.
- Expertise in designing and proposing security controls to address business and technical requirements.
- Knowledge of security control testing and effectiveness assessment.
- Proficiency in risk management, including the ability to identify and quantify IT risks.
- Skill in taking timely action to mitigate identified risks.
- Ability to create and maintain comprehensive IS architecture documents.
- Proficiency in documenting operational, systems, and technical views of security architecture.
- Positive mind-set
- Fluent English is mandatory, other European languages are considered a plus.
- To be part of a fast-growing international team that has significant scaling ambitions across multiple markets.
- Work-Life Balance: Trusted working hours, 30 days of vacation and home office options
- Further training: A comprehensive further training offer over an own training team as well as an own annual training budget
- Well-being: Health programs, a free fitness studio on our campus and regular employee events
- Comfort: Very good public transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility. A canteens with a varied selection of meals and discounts in our stores and at many partner companies
Please note that all job opportunities at METRO AG require that you live in/move to Germany and can be in office in Düsseldorf at least 2 times per week. We don't offer 100% remote opportunities.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in