Expert Global Procurement for Sweets, Confectionery & Hot Beverages (m/f/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de
OneMETRO: we are proud to serve the countries! In the global headquarters we source a selection of goods that are offered to and sold by all our country subsidiaries worldwide. Join our procurement depart for the Sweets, Confectionery, Coffee & Tea category to bring our assortment to the next level and #ShapeTheM
Results count, that’s why you analyze the international market trends, align with the sourcing teams in our countries, and derive creative and beneficial solutions. You keep close track on supplier production capacity and coverage rate and check e-sourcing status and report data base (prices, volumes, supplier contracts). Lead the global relationship between international teams of strategic suppliers, Metro HQ stakeholders and various METRO country companies ensuring the suppliers perform in line with our sCore, our company strategy.
Where your expertise is needed:
- Define, develop, negotiate, implement, and review the performance of a Global Own Brand Range in our countries.
- Continuously align with our country subsidiaries to harmonize the product range and develop new products to maximize its potential.
- Coordinate global cross functional teams (Quality, Packaging, Supply Chain, Marketing) through a clear language and pre-defined Own Brand process.
- Analyze and compare RFQ inputs from suppliers to negotiate the best quality/price ratio.
- Negotiate global service contracts delivering conditions against services designed together with our country’s international supplier strategies and joint business plans.
- You are motivated to get to know the B2B Food Wholesale sector by heart, impact full business by developing our global own brand range and feel comfortable around buying professionally, unified by the power of food.
- People and customers are our business. That is why you are focused to understand their needs to cater to them with a strong Sweets, Confectionery & Hot Beverages own brand range on all channels.
- You have a relevant academic background and relevant work experience in buying. Bonus points for experience with food/fmcg and an international set-up.
- Negotiations are your thrill. You take the opportunity to get the best results, while building strong and sustainable relationships with your international supplier network.
- We are learning from each other and what we achieve, what we want. This is only possible through excellent teams. Your colleagues will help you grow within METRO and are appreciative of the inspiring, fresh input you will bring.
- Problem solving capacity and analytical thinking skills.
- You love to travel to visit suppliers, trade fairs or your counterparts in the countries.
- You speak English fluently and working with MS Office (esp. Excel) belongs to the daily for you.
- And lastly you want to grow and benefit from being an active part of a successful and multinational wholesale company.
- To be part of a fast-growing international team that has significant scaling ambitions across multiple markets.
- Work-Life Balance: Trusted working hours, 30 days of vacation and home office options
- Further training: A comprehensive further training offer over an own training team as well as an own annual training budget
- Well-being: Health programs, a free fitness studio on our campus and regular employee events
- Comfort: Very good public transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility. A canteens with a varied selection of meals and discounts in our stores and at many partner companies
Please note that all job opportunities at METRO AG require that you live in/move to Germany and can be in office in Düsseldorf at least 2 times per week. We don't offer 100% remote opportunities. We support candidates with their VISA-Application and international relocation.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in