Expert Global Quality Assurance - Canned food (f/m/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de
Your new role:
Ensuring the proper development and maintenance of high-quality products, meeting customer requirements.
Ensuring the implementation of food safety requirements and METRO specific standard setting up the specifications and monitoring of the Canned food products along the product life cycle, in a strong cooperation with commercial team, own brand team, METRO countries and suppliers.
Regularly review and maintain the QA documents e.g.: GQA standards, procedures, technical manuals etc.
Where your expertise is needed:
- Development of products and their specifications in cooperation with suppliers, common sourcing team and own brand team;
- Organize monitoring systems (e.g.: laboratory, including sensory, testing, and assessing the results);
- Risk assessment of products and suppliers;
- Review and approve label information in CS articles;
- Aligning with PC&G team the organization of sensory assessments;
- Inspect suppliers;
- First point of contact for suppliers and country quality colleagues;
- Work with countries and suppliers to establish and implement quality standards;
- Maintain data on supplier certification, inspections, product specifications and analysis results;
- Support complaints and incident management;
- Advising procurement on quality-related issues;
- Provide training for countries in his/her expertise area;
- Work with sustainability, colleagues to ensure the sustainability policies implementation in the OB articles
- Monitor and maintain the quality management system;
- Lead and execute OB/QA related projects;
- Regularly review and maintain the QA documents e.g.: GQA standards, procedures, technical manuals etc.
- Regularly review existing training materials and develop new training materials based on market trends and provide trainings for countries
- Provide support, when required, to the development and improvement of the internal QA Management IT tool.
- We are looking for a person with expertise and passion for Canned food
- University degree in food chemistry, food technology, or similar food related degree with specific Canned-food studies/experience.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in front line retailing / wholesaling/manufacturing and/or product quality management with specific knowledge in Canned food area.
- Good knowledge of HACCP, national and European food law
- Team orientation in an independent work environment.
- Strong project management skills, ability to work on several projects simultaneously and independently in a very well-structured manner.
- Well-versed in handling of MS Office applications.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Work-Life Balance: Trusted working hours
- 30 days of vacation and home office options
- Well-being: Health programs, a free fitness studio on our campus and regular employee events
- Comfort: Very good public transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility.
- Two canteens with a varied selection of meals and discounts in our stores and at many partner companies
- Discount for METRO stores shopping
- Company pension plan: You will receive an allowance from us to provide for your pension
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in