Expert Global Quality Assurance - Wine, Spirit and Beverage (f/m/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de
METRO AG is looking for a passionate Expert Global Quality Assurance in Category: wine, spirits and beverages.
Your new role:
Ensuring the proper development and maintenance of high-quality products, meeting customer requirements.
Ensuring the implementation of food safety requirements and METRO specific standard setting up the specifications and monitoring of the wine/ spirits and beverages products along the product life cycle, in a strong cooperation with commercial team, own brand team, METRO countries and suppliers.
Regularly review and maintain the QA documents e.g.: GQA standards, procedures, technical manuals etc.
- Development of products and their specifications in cooperation with suppliers, commercial team and own brand team.
- Organize monitoring systems (e.g.: laboratory, including sensory, testing and assessing the results). Risk assessment of products and suppliers, including HACCP. Support complaints and incident management.
- Review and approve label information in CS articles.
- Maintain data on supplier certification, inspections, product specifications and analysis results.
- Regularly review existing training materials and develop new training materials based on market trends and to provide trainings for the countries.
- We are looking for a person with expertise and passion for wine and spirits
- University degree in food chemistry, food technology, or similar food related degree with specific wine studies/experience.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in front line retailing / wholesaling/manufacturing and/or product quality management with specific knowledge in the area of wine and spirits.
- Good knowledge of HACCP, national and European food law special focus on wine, spirits and beverages.
- Team orientation in an independent work environment.
- Strong project management skills, ability to work on several projects simultaneously and independently in a very well-structured manner.
- Well-versed in handling of MS Office applications.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- teamplayer, hands-on attitude, service and result-orientated
- Work-Life Balance: Trusted working hours
- 30 days of vacation and home office options
- Well-being: Health programs, a free fitness studio on our campus and regular employee events
- Comfort: Very good public transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility.
- Two canteens with a varied selection of meals and discounts in our stores and at many partner companies
- Discount for METRO stores shopping
- Company pension plan: You will receive an allowance from us to provide for your pension
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in