Expert Logistic & LSP Management (f/m/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the food wholesale industry? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food and non-food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent merchants. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store and via delivery, all digitally connected. We're also proud to be developing our online marketplace, METRO MARKETS, to serve our professional customers which has been growing and expanding continuously since 2019. Moreover, at METRO, sustainability is a top priority considered in all our actions, and we've been recognized for our commitment to it by several sustainability indices and rankings (e. g., MSCI, CDP, and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index). We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
As Specialist Logistics and LSP ( Logistics Service Provider ) Management, he or she will have a key role in the management of the LSP ( Logistics Service Provider ) for our warehouse logistics operation. Responsible for ensuring the flow of goods and products throughout our supply chain.
Expertise in logistics warehouse management, service level orientation, cost management and internal and external communicating will play an important role in optimizing our logistics processes and increasing the success of our operations.
1. Management of Logistics Operations:
- Supervision of operations that the LSP ( Logistics Service Provider) manages on a daily basis.
- Managing the operations of Ambient (food & nonfood) and Temperature Control (chilled, frozen) product flow according to their own internal dynamics.
- Performing regular LSP ( Logistics Service Provider )and warehouse visits.
- Examining Claims from customers and taking action with LSP accordingly.
- Inbound and outbound LSP ( Logistics Service Provider ) capacity management.
- Control of Order fulfillment made by LSP ( Logistics Service Provider )and regular control with LSP.
2. Service Level Orientation:
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs): Developing, managing and overseeing service level agreements with logistics service providers (LSPs) ( Logistics Service Provider )and internal teams to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Implementing the audit and management required to meet or improve the standards agreed with the LSP ( Logistics Service Provider ). Continuously monitor and report service levels by taking the necessary precautions.
3. Optimization of logistics operations:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify areas for logistics process improvement. Follow-up and implementation of best practices and efficiency measures.
- Analysis of logistics costs. Developing and controlling cost-effective strategies for warehouse operations, VAS and extra costs.
4. Inventory Control:
- Working closely with Procurement and order teams to maintain correct inventory levels and order fulfillment.
- Checking whether inventory control measures have been taken by the LSP ( Logistics Service Provider ) to minimize out-of-stock and overstock situations.
5. Logistics Cost Management:
- Regular analysis of logistics costs, determination of cost drivers and development of cost saving strategies.
6. Quality Assurance:
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to ensure quality standards and processes are controlled by the LSP ( Logistics Service Provider )throughout logistics operations.
7. Performance Metrics:
- Regular analysis of logistics data to identify trends, areas for improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Creating reports on logistics performance. To provide insight and suggestions for improvement.
- Completion of vocational training in logistics, preferably from an LSP ( Logistics Service Provider ), retail/wholesale company.
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a logistics specialist focusing on international operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills with a natural ability to connect with individuals internationally.
- Our suppliers speak fluent English and Italian to facilitate communication with our colleagues in our country subsidiaries and international logistics service providers. The candidate's profile is fluent in Italian and English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and leadership abilities.
- Proficiency in logistics software and tools
- Work-Life Balance: trust-based working hours, 30 days annual vacation and options for home office
- Personal development: broad program of METRO designed trainings in our own academy (“House of Learning”) and annual budget for individual trainings
- welfare: health programs, free gym on campus, regular employee events and potential participation at the annual METRO marathon
- well connected to public transportation, free parking lots including stations for e-mobility, two canteens and various special offers at our stores and external partners
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in