Expert (m/f/d) Global Procurement Fresh Food
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
In the global headquarters we source a selection of goods that are offered to and sold by all our country subsidiaries worldwide. For our Food Canned Edible Sweet segment of the business, we are currently looking for an Expert Sourcing Food (Canned Edible Sweet) (f/m/d), who brings our assortment to the next level and drives business growth. You will be a part of our newly created department, that unites Global Sourcing with Business Development and centers around a holistic procurement approach. You will benefit from an agile and collaborative environment, where you can contribute with your own ideas while growing professionally and personally.
Where your expertise is needed:
- You analyze the international market trends, align with the sourcing teams in our countries, and derive creative and beneficial business solutions.
- Develop, negotiate, and implement the Global Own Brand Range in our 22 countries.
- Coordinate cross functional teams (Packaging, Quality, Supply Chain, Marketing) through the Own Brand process.
- Align with our country subsidiaries to harmonize the product range and leverage scales.
- You keep close track on supplier production capacity and coverage rate and check e-sourcing status and report data base (prices, volumes, supplier contracts).
- Negotiate global service contracts with strategic suppliers delivering year on year incremental investments against services, designed to drive joint business growth.
- Steer & maximize implementation of agreed services in line with countries’ value creation plans
- Analyze and compare RFQ inputs from suppliers to negotiate the best quality/price ratio.
- Execute performance review meetings with all strategic suppliers.
- Review key performance indicators and ensure accurate reporting.
- University degree (or equivalent experience) with minimum 2 years relevant work experience preferably in buying food commodities / FMCG on an international level.
- Strong interest for food product development and good understanding of HoReCa customer needs.
- A strong negotiator with a proven track record in category management and condition-based supplier negotiations on both local and international level.
- Leadership qualities and proven skill set on how to lead diverse stakeholders without official reporting line.
- Proficient knowledge in MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook (especially Excel at least VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables).
- Good communicator, who enjoys working with customers, suppliers, and other key stakeholders
- Problem solving capacity and analytical thinking skills
- Willingness to travel (trade fairs, factory visits, country visits).
- Fluent in English and German
What we offer:
- A high degree of personal responsibility, the opportunity to grow personally and to motivate yourself professionally. We offer an environment in which you can contribute and implement your ideas.
- Work-life balance: trust-based working hours, 30 days of vacation and options for mobile working.
- Continuing Education: A comprehensive continuing education offering through our own training team as well as our own annual training budget.
- Well-being: Health programs, a free gym on our campus, regular employee events.
- Comfort: Very good transport connections and free parking including charging facilities for e-mobility. Two canteens with very reasonably priced meals as well as discounts in our stores and at many partner companies.
- Company pension plan: subsidy to provide for your age.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in