Expert (m/f/d) International Transport Management
As one of the most significant wholesale companies globally, METRO has a broad range of own brand products both in food and non-food. With this own brand assortment, we serve our customers with the best quality for the best price.
At the global headquarter we source goods which are then distributed to and sold in our country subsidiaries.
In International Transportation Management we run the operational logistic business. We ensure that the goods arrive at our warehouses and customer distribution centers on time, in full and at a good price. Therefore, we negotiate with Logistic Service Providers, control their reliability, and take care of administrational tasks like maintaining the Transport Management System or the documentation of shipments.
- You negotiate with Logistic Service Providers the terms and condition of shipments from suppliers to distribution centers and customer warehouses all over Europe
- You keep track of their performance and reliability
- You will constantly scan the market for potential new service providers and alternatives
- You manage administrational tasks like maintaining the Transport Management System and creating freight- and customs documents, waybills and packing lists.
- You will be first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders like the Global Sourcing team, colleagues of our country subsidiaries or suppliers in case of questions regarding the shipment
- You are using an ERP-system and TMS application to manage the entire flow to provide a high service level.
- You completed a vocational training in logistics e.g. at a logistic service provider, manufacturer or retail/wholesale company
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience working as a logistics and/or transport specialist on international level
- You know the market of Logistic Service Providers and have a good overview of different ways of shipment
- You are a good communicator and connect easily with other people on an international level
- You speak English fluently to be able to connect with suppliers, colleagues in our country subsidiaries and international Logistic Service Providers. Any additional foreign language will be an advantage.
- Italian language is a must have (level at least B1/B2)
- German language is an additional Benefit
- You constantly challenging the as-is to improve our service level towards our customers
- Your experience with ERP (id. Microsoft Dynamics) and TMS-applications goes beyond operational transactions.
- A high degree of personal responsibility, the opportunity to grow personally and to motivate yourself professionally. We offer an environment in which you can contribute and implement your ideas.
- Work-life balance: trust-based working hours, 30 days of vacation and options for mobile working.
- Continuing Education: A comprehensive continuing education offering through our own training team as well as our own annual training budget.
- Well-being: Health programs, a free gym on our campus, regular employee events.
- Comfort: Very good transport connections and free parking including charging facilities for e-mobility. A canteen with very reasonably priced meals as well as discounts in our stores and at many partner companies.
- Company pension plan: subsidy to provide for your age.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in