Expert Procurement Analytics (m/f/d)
METRO is a leading international wholesale company with food and non-food assortments that specializes in serving the needs of hotels, restaurants, and caterers (HoReCa) as well as independent traders. Around the world, METRO has some 16 million customers who can choose whether to shop in one of the large-format stores, order online and collect their purchases at the store or have them delivered. METRO also supports the competitiveness of entrepreneurs and independent businesses with digital solutions and thereby contributes to cultural diversity in retail and hospitality.
In our core wholesale business, METRO is globally represented with around 660 stores in 31 countries and generates sales of 29.8 billion Euros with approx. 95.000 employees. The headquarter is located in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Mission of Corporate DAD (Data Analysis Department):
- Be a reliable Business Intelligence and Sparing Partner for Corporate Procurement Team
- Actively contribute to METRO’s Strategy implementation
- Act as a single and reliable source for Business Analytics & Insights on Category and Suppliers performance across all METRO Countries and Companies, with a focus on Procurement activities.
- Freedom to act as self-dependant Business Partner to various stakeholder groups: Corporate Procurement, Master Data Team, Country Procurement/DAD departments, Corporate Controlling, external Goods Suppliers for specific topics.
- Responsibility for Procurement Reporting, and authority to challenge performance and business decisions
- Participation in cross-functional projects.
- Identification and investigation of data quality issues focusing on Brand Data Management, Data Warehouse, International Collaboration Agreements, and International Data Sharing, and then developing solution concepts.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Statistics
- Excellent command of English
- Strong analytical mindset, pro-active and pragmatic
- Strong communication skills
- Results oriented, accurate and able to drive changes
- Team Player
- Keen on “BIG Data”
- Retail experience and / or Knowledge of Data Warehouse, SQL & Excel would be a strong asset
What we offer:
- A high degree of personal responsibility, the opportunity to grow personally and to motivate yourself professionally. We offer an environment in which you can contribute and implement your ideas.
- Work-life balance: trust-based working hours, 30 days of vacation and options for mobile working.
- Continuing Education: A comprehensive continuing education offering through our own training team as well as our own annual training budget.
- Well-being: Health programs, a free gym on our campus, regular employee events.
- Comfort: Very good transport connections and free parking including charging facilities for e-mobility. Two canteens with very reasonably priced meals as well as discounts in our stores and at many partner companies.
- Company pension plan: subsidy to provide for your age.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in