Expert Supply Planning (f/m/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de
If you are passionate about customer service and understand how it can transform businesses, you should join our Demand and Supply Planning team at METRO AG in Düsseldorf. Your goal is to safeguard high availability for our customers, while maintaining most efficient amount of inventory on hand - balancing availability, stock, and logistic costs.
- You will be responsible for supply planning, ensuring the best availability of goods at the right time and with the right balance of stock
- You will be continuously challenging existing supply chain constraints (lead-time, order frequency, minimum order quantity; etc.) to accomplish best of inventory availability for our customers
- To preserve healthy and uninterrupted supply chain operations, you will actively collaborate with Demand planning, Logistic & Transport Operations, Regional Distribution Centers and Offer
- Our suppliers are key to uninterrupted availability and operations – on daily basis you will monitor the status of your purchase orders - to ensure their confirmation, a balanced inbound planning and alignment on delivery schedule via active communication with suppliers. You are there to swiftly find solutions and/or engage your cross-functional stakeholders to mitigate impact of potential disruptions
- You will be monitoring and enhancing Key Performance Indicators to assess achieved results and identify ways to push the bar even further. Sky is the limit!
- You will be part of continuous improvement within the area of Demand and Supply planning, including process optimization and automation of Planning and Stock management
- University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or Engineering with focus on SCM or Logistics
- At least 2 years experience in Planning position in the Wholesale, Retail, or FMCG industries
- First-hand working experience with integrated planning systems (preferably Blue Yonder or similar)
- Working experience with top-tier ERP systems (Dynamics 365 or equivalent)
- It is an advantage for you to have experience with implementing ERP and/or Planning system
- Your advanced skills in MS Office programs, especially PowerPoint and Excel (Pivot tables; Macros) are desirable
- You are a team player and can successfully blend-in to international team environment
- Your strong and emphatic personality, coupled with excellent communication skills, empower you to positively influence stakeholders involved in your daily activities
- Work in modern supply chain requires to cope with pressure and continuously prioritize – you are master of both
- You are familiar with Lean and Project management
- You are fluent in English (vocal and written) and additional European language will be your advantage
- A high degree of personal responsibility, the opportunity to grow personally and to motivate yourself professionally. We offer an environment in which you can contribute and implement your ideas.
- Work-life balance: trust-based working hours, 30 days of vacation and options for mobile working.
- Continuing Education: A comprehensive continuing education offering through our own training team as well as our own annual training budget.
- Well-being: Health programs, a free gym on our campus, regular employee events.
- Comfort: Very good transport connections and free parking including charging facilities for e-mobility. Two canteens with very reasonably priced meals as well as discounts in our stores and at many partner companies.
- Company pension plan: subsidy to provide for your age.
We are sorry but your search has returned no results.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in