Finance Manager (m/f/d) General Accounting
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the food wholesale industry? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food and non-food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent merchants. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store and via delivery, all digitally connected. We're also proud to be developing our online marketplace, METRO MARKETS, to serve our professional customers which has been growing and expanding continuously since 2019. Moreover, at METRO, sustainability is a top priority considered in all our actions, and we've been recognized for our commitment to it by several sustainability indices and rankings (e. g., MSCI, CDP, and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index). We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
- Accounting interface to operational business with identification and documentation of existing Accounting processes and defining of to-be processes
- End-to-end system workflow investigation and responsibility for exchange of finance system (NAV) in next financial year (in parallel to exchange of commercial system NAV)
- Responsibility for correctness and completeness of closing (HGB/IFRS), accruals, OCOP, cost postings (as backup), responsibility for AP Goods (executed by GBS Pune), receivables management (in cooperation with MIS operations)
- Support / back-up of all VAT-relevant topics for MIS: preparation and filing of VAT documents for advisors, monitoring of VAT-relevant documents and settings
- Standard Financial Reporting for Actual and FC/Budget (P&L, NWC), SVA calculation, Margin / Stock reconciliation
- Execution of internal controls
- University degree (e.g. economics and/or focus on accounting, tax & controlling)
- Relevant professional experience in general tax & accounting at an industrial, trade or service company, ideally within Import/Export & Logistics business
- Experience with MS Office and ERP systems, Navision accounting system preferable
- Fluent in English and good German language skills
- Analytical way of thinking, team-oriented action, strong communication skills and decisiveness; independent, cross-divisional coordinated thinking and action as well as a high degree of flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- To be part of a fast-growing international team that has significant scaling ambitions across multiple markets.
- Work-Life Balance: Trusted working hours, 30 days of vacation and home office options
- Further training: A comprehensive further training offer over an own training team as well as an own annual training budget
- Well-being: Health programs, a free fitness studio on our campus and regular employee events
- Comfort: Very good public transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility. Two canteens with a varied selection of meals and discounts in our stores and at many partner companies
- Candidate has great perspective in further pursuing his career within Metro Group with our fast growing various fields and functions after completing the assignment.
We are sorry but your search has returned no results.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in