Head of Cyber Defense (m/f/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join us in developing and strengthening an entire department and transforming cybersecurity capabilities on a global scale. If you're committed to making a real impact in the field of Cyber Security, you can #ShapeTheM with us.
Besides an interesting professional environment, we offer you a culture that wants you to thrive and allows to learn from each other:
- We try together, we stumble together, we get up together and shape our future. Be part of our transformation, build cross-functional capabilities and discover new ways of excelling in the Cyber Security field.
- We create impact in the world of food and offer comfort for our customers worldwide. To achieve this, we build capabilities to be the cyber-resilient omni-channel wholesaler.
- We invite you to take on responsibility, make our company your company and create a business together that remains true to its roots but always seeks new solutions.
- Together, we CARRY the M, we GROW the M, we INSPIRE the M, we SHAPE the M.
The purpose of that role:
This role is dedicated to transforming traditional security operations into dynamic cyber defense capabilities driven by evolving threats. The aim is to translate the Information Security Strategy into tailored Cyber Defense capabilities that safeguard METRO's operations and data. In this capacity, you will collaborate closely with METRO GROUP's IT and Information Security community to understand their business and compliance needs and continuously enhance our Cyber Defense capabilities. Additionally, you'll implement automation and orchestration for incident response and lead the development of capabilities for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating threat intelligence. In addition you will be leading a team of 9 employees.
- Establish and oversee the detection, analysis, and response to security incidents and breaches to ensure a timely resolution of security incidents.
- Select, manage, and maintain security technologies used within the CDC. This involves ensuring these tools are properly implemented, integrated, and effective.
- Select and manage MSSPs and ensure / continuously improve service delivery quality.
- Monitor CDC performance and effectiveness, identify areas for improvement, and implement enhancements to the CDC’s processes and technologies.
- Collaborate with other IT and security teams, as well as external stakeholders, to ensure a coordinated response to security incidents and effective communication during crises.
- Support CISO in defining annual objectives and monitor progresses and relevant KPI to be reported to METRO AG Board.
Educational Background: A degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience in the cyber security domain including a track-record of leadership experience.
Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) Management: Proven experience in actively managing an external Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP).
Google Cloud Platform and Chronicle: Expertise in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and experience with Chronicle, Google's threat detection platform.
Incident Detection and Response: A strong background in establishing and overseeing the detection, analysis, and response to security incidents and breaches, ensuring timely resolution.
Security Technology Management: Demonstrated ability to select, manage, and maintain security technologies used within the Cyber Defense Center (CDC). This includes proper implementation, integration, and effectiveness assessment of security tools.
MSSP Selection and Management: Proficiency in selecting and managing Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) and ensuring continuous improvement in service delivery quality.
Performance Monitoring: Skill in monitoring the performance and effectiveness of the CDC, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing enhancements to processes and technologies.
Collaboration: Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to work effectively with other IT and security teams, as well as external stakeholders, to ensure coordinated responses to security incidents and effective communication during crises.
- To be part of a fast-growing international team that has significant scaling ambitions across multiple markets.
- Work-Life Balance: Trusted working hours, 30 days of vacation and home office options
- Further training: A comprehensive further training offer over an own training team as well as an own annual training budget
- Well-being: Health programs, a free fitness studio on our campus and regular employee events
- Comfort: Very good public transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility. A canteens with a varied selection of meals and discounts in our stores and at many partner companies
Please note that all job opportunities at METRO AG require that you live in/move to Germany and can be in office in Düsseldorf at least 2 times per week. We don't offer 100% remote opportunities.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in