Head of Global Network Transformation (f/m/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the food wholesale industry? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food and non-food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent merchants. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store and via delivery, all digitally connected. We're also proud to be developing our online marketplace, METRO MARKETS, to serve our professional customers which has been growing and expanding continuously since 2019. Moreover, at METRO, sustainability is a top priority considered in all our actions, and we've been recognized for our commitment to it by several sustainability indices and rankings (e. g., MSCI, CDP, and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index). We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
The purpose of the role is to facilitate the implementation of METRO’s Multichannel Network Transformation on a global scale and manage the process of the evolution of METROs multichannel network assets, including design, approval, and execution, across Corporate and Country stakeholders and towards the strategic objectives as defined by the Group Strategy.
The role will be responsible to:
- Ensure full transparency on METRO Group Network transformation project pipeline on a global and country level and each asset’s individual lifecycle status.
- Establish and maintain pragmatic and robust change request management process across Countries, MAG Investment Committee, EVS, Corporate Functional Experts and Investment Controlling to ensure diligent decision making and due approval documentation
- Provide accurate and continuously up-to-date information at any time on METRO’s global network plan at global, country, and single location level on current status, and asset transformation investment proposals, approvals and implementation (historic, currently pending and planned in the future)
- Coordinate the end-to-end network transformation investment approval process, ensuring timeline start and execution of asset design planning, high-quality elaboration of investment approval case-studies, and smooth and efficient interaction of all involved stakeholders on Country as well as Corporate level.
- Formulate strategic and tactical goals in collaboration with each country organization in the Network Transformation context in line with the overall country- and group strategy; each country shall have and follow a specifically designed Network Transformation path
- Design and continuously enhance technological tools for network design as wells as the associated elaboration of scenario analyses, capacity parametrization and operational process modeling
- Specify organizational requirements and qualification profiles to ensure proliferation of knowledge in the METRO countries.
- Support and safeguard the countries in the execution of the Network Transformation and ensure the training of the relevant key stakeholders in the country
- Definition of KPI’s along the Network Evolution path to specifically trigger the right changes to the network at the right time considering Service Level, CAPEX and OPEX requirements
- Multilateral stakeholder management, as the implications of this role are broad so are the stakeholders that are involved
- University degree in economics and/or engineering, relevant experience in a consultancy environment can be a plus
- Broad understanding of wholesale business dynamics, specifically supply chain- and fulfillment operations while and understanding of store operations can beneficial
- Experience as project manager or process manager will be an advantage
- Reliable and responsible way of working in a multicultural setting
- Strategic conceptual skills, able to manage complexity and strive for simplification
- Analytical and problem-solving oriented thinking
- Fluent in English (spoken and written); third language welcome
- Work-life balance: trust-based working hours, 30 days' holiday, and up to 3 days home office per week.
- Training: a comprehensive training offer via our own training center or externally, as well as your own annual training budget.
- Well-being: health programs, free gym on our campus, regular employee events.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility. Canteen with very reasonably priced meals as well as discounts in our stores and at many partner companies.
- Company pension plan: you will receive an allowance from us to provide for your pension.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in