Head of Sales Offer and Development (m/f/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
- For all the customer touchpoints, and all the strategic customers, including New Customers and prospects, the purpose of this position is to define, to develop and to be the gate keeper of the sales offer process and to support its implementation in all the countries. The sales offer here include all the second part of the selling process which mean Sales argumentation and pitch, negotiation, conclusion, and consolidation. Therefore He/she will be responsible of defining the right processes for the sales offer, argumentation, and development of sales: Argumentation, Product Catalogue, Pricing, services (Hd) and contract management.
- Support a cluster of countries (4-6 countries) in the implementation of the entire selling process and support the implementation of the common
- Define the right process, right support, and the right skills to be able to sell METRO / MAKRO as the wholesaler & solution provider
- Work closely with the buying department to define minimum assortment per targeted customer and the way to sell it (M-shop, Catalogue)
- Be able to define, and recommend a unique product recommendation process on a customer level (For FSD customers) and how to set it up in selling tool (SAM)
PRICING -Support Pricing Team to define complete processes to build:
- General Price List – per channel / Group of Customer / Localization
- Individual Price or Individual discount rules– per channel –per category - work with IT to define simulation tools for Sales Force and Key Account
- Individual conditional Kick-back bonuses (end year rebates)
To insure value creation and profitable sales growth
- Support the value creation for the customers by building concrete argumentation for services such as Digital services, Gastro consulting, Gastro courses, Menu list or even Non food Kitchen design
CREDIT MANAGEMENT /
- Define a complete process for credit management for FSD Customers to insure Sales development and Growth of cash flow
- Define the process to negotiate and individualise our Service level agreement with customer regarding delivery (Number of drops, minimum of order) to increase profitability of FSD customers
PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT & REVENUE MANAGEMENT
- Build a full end to end process to create the framework of having partnership agreement (-contract management) for customers with all this pricing, Credit, services, or logistics agreement approach and by setting mid term or even long-term win-win agreement with our customers – with clear, written and agreed – signed counterpart.
- Build a process to be able to answer to TENDER for KAM based on this partnership agreement
- Be able to build a complete Revenue Management process
BUSINESS PLANNING & TRADE MARKETING
- Define process to support the implementation of specific Business planning and Trade Marketing for salespeople (Telesales or Sales Force) to develop sales with short term dedicated (or not) campaign to increase performance
COUNTRY CLUSTER RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position will report to the Sales Excellence organisation but will be seated in the countries to support the implementation of the entire sales process – therefore he/she will have to work closely with the entire sales excellence team and will have to know the entire sales blueprint and its update to be the Single Point of Contact for the country responsible for sales.
- 6-8 years in Sales Department: Field Background and good B2B Customer knowledge
- Horeca or Trader B2B Sales management background – more than 5 years
- Responsible for country sales development and good sales track record
- Trade Marketing Background
- Sales Expertise & B2B Sales Knowledge
- Sales force and /or Telesales –management background and expertise
- Project Management Expertise
What we offer you
- Work-life balance: trust-based working hours, 30 days' holiday and options for mobile working.
- Training: a comprehensive training offer via our own training team as well as our own annual training budget.
- Well-being: Health programs, free gym on our campus, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility. Two canteens with very reasonably priced meals as well as discounts in our stores and at many partner companies.
- Company pension plan: You will receive an allowance from us to provide for your pension.
We are sorry but your search has returned no results.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in