Head of Security and Privacy Engineering (m/f/d)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join us in developing and strengthening an entire department and transforming Cyber Security capabilities on a global scale. If you're committed to making a real impact in the field of Cyber Security, you can #ShapeTheM with us.
Besides an interesting professional environment, we offer you a culture that wants you to thrive and allows to learn from each other:
- We try together, we stumble together, we get up together and shape our future. Be part of our transformation, build cross-functional capabilities and discover new ways of excelling in the Cyber Security field.
- We create impact in the world of food and offer comfort for our customers worldwide. To achieve this, we build capabilities to be the cyber-resilient omni-channel wholesaler.
- We invite you to take on responsibility, make our company your company and create a business together that remains true to its roots but always seeks new solutions.
- Together, we CARRY the M, we GROW the M, we INSPIRE the M, we SHAPE the M.
The purpose of that role:
The role involves developing and implementing Security and Privacy by Design and by Default capabilities, securing the entire CI/CD pipeline, and leading the security engineering community within product teams to enhance security practices. Additionally, it includes translating the Information Security Strategy into distinctive capabilities provided across METRO and METRO AG to integrate security and privacy effectively. This role will lead a team with up to 4 employees.
- Develop and lead the Security & Privacy Engineering Team, hiring Security Engineers, defining roles and responsibilities
- Develop and support by providing advices the implementation of guidelines and business capabilities to enable Security and Privacy by design and by default processes.
- Oversee and steer, Threat Modelling, Application Security, Technical & Operational Measures (TOM), Cloud Security, Orchestration and Automation of incident response activities and internal controls activities related to Information Security across METRO.
- Review and monitor performance metrics and manage continuous improvement
- Collaborate with DPO in all Privacy Engineering topics, i.e. Coordinates the TOM together with the DPO
- Support CISO in defining annual objectives and monitor progressses and relevant KPI to be reported to METRO AG Boards
Educational Background: A Master's degree (MSc) in Computer Science or an M.Eng/M.Sc in Software and Systems Security is required.
Experience: A minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience in the field of cyber security.
Leadership Experience: Demonstrated leadership experience in developing and leading the Security & Privacy Engineering Team, including hiring Security Engineers, defining roles and responsibilities, and fostering a high-performance culture.
Security by Design and by Default: Proven expertise in developing and supporting the implementation of guidelines and business capabilities that enable Security and Privacy by design and by default processes.
Security Oversight: Substantial experience in overseeing and steering key areas such as Threat Modeling, Application Security, Technical & Operational Measures (TOM), Cloud Security, Orchestration, and Automation of incident response activities, as well as internal controls activities related to Information Security across METRO.
Performance Management: Proficiency in reviewing and monitoring performance metrics and driving continuous improvement in security and privacy practices.
Collaboration Skills: Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to work closely with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) on Privacy Engineering topics and coordinate the TOM in conjunction with the DPO.
Nice to Haves:
GitHub Enterprise Security: Familiarity with GitHub Enterprise security practices and tools.
Security Tools Proficiency: Experience with security tools like Synopsys, Polaris, and Code Dx, showcasing a strong foundation in code analysis and security assessment.
Qualys: Familiarity with the Qualys security platform, demonstrating proficiency in vulnerability management and assessment.
- To be part of a fast-growing international team that has significant scaling ambitions across multiple markets.
- Work-Life Balance: Trusted working hours, 30 days of vacation and home office options
- Further training: A comprehensive further training offer over an own training team as well as an own annual training budget
- Well-being: Health programs, a free fitness studio on our campus and regular employee events
- Comfort: Very good public transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility. A canteens with a varied selection of meals and discounts in our stores and at many partner companies
Please note that all job opportunities at METRO AG require that you live in/move to Germany and can be in office in Düsseldorf at least 2 times per week. We don't offer 100% remote opportunities. We support candidates with their VISA-Application and international relocation.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in