Intern (m/f/d) - International People Management
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
Start date: 01.10.2023
Duration: 6 months
Working hours: 37,5h/week
What you can expect:
- You support us in establishing and accompanying international assignments and in handling local board contracts. You get an overview of the entire process of the assignment cycle. In addition, you get an exciting insight into the People and Culture Financials department.
- You will learn how to draft assignment contracts, how to calculate compensation elements and how to ensure compliance in the areas of immigration, taxes, labor law and social security.
- You take over the communication with the expatriates, internal partners and external service provider
- You work on current projects in the context of international people management.
What we are looking for:
- You are studying a Bachelor's or Master's degree, ideally in Business Administration (with a focus on Human Resources, taxes or law)
- You enjoy familiarizing yourself with new topics and issues
- You are proficient in MS-Office and are characterized by a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ideally, you have already gained some practical experience in the context of an apprenticeship or other internships
- Very good written and spoken German and English skills are essential (company language is English)
Why it is fun with us
- You are part of an international and experienced team with a high degree of personal responsibility and independence in a friendly, highly dynamic and proactive environment
- You will gain insight into the management holding of an international, listed retail group and work operationally on challenging projects
- We actively support you in your professional development and promote your potential through collegial coaching and advice
- We offer you flexible home office solutions, employee discounts in our wholesale stores as well as an attractive compensation package.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application in German or English.
METRO is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.
We are sorry but your search has returned no results.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in