Personal Assistant (m/f/d) to Chairman of Supervisory Board / Family Office
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
THE JOB PURPOSE
This is a rare opportunity with a lot of variation and will suit someone with a high level of attention to detail and who enjoys being kept on their toes in a multi company international environment. It involves the responsibility for organizing and planning all relevant activities of the Chairman of the METRO Supervisory Board as well as later all activities in the newly created Family Office. In the beginning your office is located at the METRO campus in Düsseldorf and will move to the Family Office in Mönchengladbach from Spring 2024.
HOW YOU WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE
- You exhibit excellent organizational skills and demonstrate experience in a high-level secretarial role
- You are both talented in creating a welcoming atmosphere working on-site in the office while succeeding at building virtual networks across companies internationally
- You build trustful relationships by being reliable and intuitive about your counterparts needs
- You value direct and honest communication with fast replies
- You are confident and able to take the initiative in ambiguous circumstances and to raise the right questions
- You bring a natural ability to seek out and connect irrespective of whether they are based in the office or remotely
- You handle confidential information in a discreet, sensitive, and diplomatic manner, ensuring security of access to such information is always maintained
- You are open to learn; f. e. about procedures around the supervisory board committee and following Corporate Governance instructions
- You are passionate about food and the hospitality industry
WHAT A FORMER ROLE HOLDER HAS TO SAY:
“…this position is for you if you enjoy working as a sparring partner. In this role, it is important to connect the dots. Showcase these qualities and gain trust, collaboration at eye level and your workday will leave you challenged and appreciated for your great support. Besides typical assistant tasks, there will be exciting projects such as event planning, real estate management and asset management - so you can develop professionally and as a person.”
- Proven track record of Personal Assistant experience working with a chairman and/ or CEO, knowing the relevant procedures to follow for Public Companies
- General education background, certificate as a professional secretary / assistant
- Experience in managing projects related to Committee work
- Fluent german and english skills
- Willingness to work on-site in Düsseldorf and later in Mönchengladbach with some possibilities to work from home after completed onboarding phase
- Plus: being familiar with management of a Family Office including handling of personal tasks
We are sorry but your search has returned no results.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in