Working Student (m/f/d) - Business Solution Center
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
Start date: 01.10.2023
Duration: 12 – 24 Months
Working hours: 20 h/week, up to 37,5 h/week during lecture free period possible
About our Global Solution Center
METRO Global Solution Center operates two captive service centers in Poland and India, providing numerous solutions to our international group members. Operating since 2010 with a focus on finance & accounting, our organization has developed into a multi-center. Today more than 1.200 colleagues form an effective backbone for our wholesale business.
In Düsseldorf, we are a crew of 20 working in two business areas – Business Solution Center (BSC) and Finance Solution Center (FSC); We are many individuals from many different nations in three locations speaking one language and making up one team, one GSC.
What you can expect:
- Project administration
- Coordination and preparation of meetings & workshops
- Market research
- Setting up processes and structures within a defined project framework
- Ad hoc projects and topics
You are the perfect fit:
- You are currently enrolled in university, studying Business Administration, (Business) Engineering or a similar discipline
- You are highly motivated to gain experience in an international environment
- You are a great communicator and fluent in English
- You have good skills in the MS Office suite
What we offer:
- You are part of an international and experienced team with a high degree of personal responsibility and independence in a friendly, highly dynamic, and proactive environment
- You will gain insight into the management holding of an international, listed retail group and work operationally on challenging projects
- We actively support you in your professional development and promote your potential through collegial coaching and advice
- We offer you flexible home office solutions, employee discounts in our wholesale stores as well as an attractive compensation package
Have we aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application in English.
METRO is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.
We are sorry but your search has returned no results.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in