Working Student (m/f/d) Global Procurement Fresh/Frozen
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
What you can expect:
- As part of our team, you will be actively involved in the coordination of sourcing and procurement processes. Together with the team in Düsseldorf you will work with international suppliers to serve the MCC countries.
- In particular, you will support the management of procurement at Metro AG to support and serve MCC countries. You analyze Category and supplier performances on different levels.
- You support the improvement of procurement processes and quality of our service. You will get insights of several departments from sourcing, procurement, packaging, design, quality, Own Brand Management and supply chain.
What you bring to the table:
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program for a period of at least one year and are studying Business administration, Supply Chain Management, marketing, food engineering or economics
- You have good communication and organizational skills
- You like working in a team
- You are confident in handling Microsoft Office and Teams applications
- You are authentic, honest, curious, result oriented, thinking big, diving deep, up to take challenges and being pro-active
What we offer:
- You are part of an international and experienced team with a high degree of personal responsibility and independence in a friendly, highly dynamic and proactive environment
- We actively support you in your professional development and promote your potential through collegial coaching and advice
- We offer you flexible work solutions, employee discounts in our wholesale stores as well as an attractive compensation package.
We are sorry but your search has returned no results.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in