Working Student (m/f/d) - Global Procurement (Non-Food)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join our team as we strive to meet our ambitious growth goals with our “sCore” strategy which is closely accompanied by our Fundamentals. These shared values guide us every day and begin with a commitment to our core mission of being the best wholesale company we can be. The basis for this is our ONE METRO spirit - where everyone is needed, and everyone stands together, working with curiosity, determination, courage, commitment, and trust. Come grow with us at METRO! More information is available via careers.metroag.de.
Start date: 01.09.2023
Duration: 12 – 24 Months
Working hours: 20 h/week, up to 37,5 h/week during lecture free period possible
What you can expect:
You'll support the Global Category Managers in their daily work with local MCC (METRO Cash & Carry) country organizations all over the world, international suppliers and the METRO Sourcing organization based in Asia and Europe:
- Global Category Management data and market analyses to identify potential new Own Brand Projects
- Support Project Management for the category Gastro Appliances
- International Benchmarking of competition to identify the specification, customer requests and relevant market shares
- Preparation of international buying team meetings (Teams-Meetings / eventually physical meetings): administrative support, - data analysis, - power points, sample organization
- Review & Optimize the Master data on SKU-level (MBS
You are the perfect fit:
- You are enrolled in university, studying economics, or a related field
- You have excellent verbal and written English skills as our corporate language is English
- You have very good MS Office skills (i.e., PowerPoint & Excel) as well as skills in managing databases
- You like to work independently
- You are eager to get to know global category management
- Any international experience you might have is an advantage
Why it is fun with us
- You are part of an international and experienced team with a high degree of personal responsibility and independence in a friendly, highly dynamic and proactive environment
- You will gain insight into the management holding of an international, listed retail group and work operationally on challenging projects
- We actively support you in your professional development and promote your potential through collegial coaching and advice
- We offer you flexible home office solutions, employee discounts in our wholesale stores as well as an attractive compensation package.
- You’ll have a high degree of self-responsibility
- You’ll work on exciting and varying tasks in an international working environment
Have we aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application in English.
METRO is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.
Articles you might be interested in
TeaserLife on Campus
Today, 21 May 2021, colleagues across the METRO world virtually celebrated the first global #METROheroes Day. This special day was dedicated to METRO's corporate values, our Guiding Principles, and al
METRO is in the top 10 for the German PRIDE Index 2021 by the UHLALA Group, among the 150 companies that applied. This recognition is a testament to METRO's commitment to their lesbian, gay, bisexual,
Jobs you have shown an interest in