gain business insights
Even if you are still studying, you can get to know us at any time in an internship. It doesn't matter whether you apply for a compulsory internship or a voluntary internship. From the very beginning, your internship at METRO AG will be an exciting experience. An overall win-win situation
Experience real insights into departments such as Procurement, M&A, HR and other ones. You will always play an active part on the team as you will be responsible for exciting tasks. Don't leave this opportunity on your campus and become an intern at METRO AG.
at a glance
Enthusiast for commercial industries, teamplayer, willing to learn and contribute, confident and reliable.
We have two "recruiting seasons" (Spring/Autumn). However, pls do not hesitate to send in your speculative application.
Bachelor students and Master students alike receive a monthly compensation of 1956 EUR. No matter if compulsary or voluntary.
Jona Hindriksen, Working Student, HR Talent Acquisition
your application process
You send you application, and we review it.
You get your first feedback latest after 10 working days.
Interview with department and/or HR.
You get your contract.
top benefits for Interns
- Work-life balance: 37,5 working hours/week, flex work according to prior agreement, trust-based working hours (flextime), holidays depending on length of your internship (up to 12 days with 6-months internship)
- Mentoring during your internship
- Well-being: company medical service, OTHEB employee assistance program, free gym on our campus, canteen with very reasonably priced meals
- Discounts: discounted job ticket, as well as discounts at many partner companies
- Comfort: very good transport connections, and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility, dry cleaning service on campus
your team is there for you
and will stand behind you as you take your first steps. At the beginning, you will be onboarded properly in your department. It takes a while until you find your way. We use Office365 for collaboration within and across departments.
The internship is about growing together. It's about developing yourself, making mistakes and learning from them. We live an open feedback culture and support you on your way into professional life.
voices from Metro ag
“My first two months with METRO AG have been a great learning experience. I've been included and have felt comfortable contributing my own thoughts. Thanks to my incredible colleagues, my internship is a wonderful experience. When you have such amazing people supporting you, it is easy to learn and work."