Trainee Programme at METRO AG
boost your career now - join our trainee programme!
We know, from what you have researched so far on your possibilities that trainee programmes are offered by many other companies as well. So, how does the one from METRO AG stand out?
This trainee programme is offering you the ideal entry into the corporate world. We understand that going for your first professional role can be as exciting as it can be overwhelming at times. That's why we are convinced to be the right partner for shaping your career. Our learning experts invest much time in developing further the learning modules, our colleagues in our various departments are very much dedicated to what their daily work is and will gladly onboard you while being at your side throughout your whole development journey into an expert in your field. And there lies another distinction: we train experts, not generalists. Because we believe with gaining expetise comes confidence in what you can do and contribute. That doesn''t mean other paths are excluded. On the contrary. With METRO you create your very own career path.
So - are you in?
Ready for the right move after Graduation?
Are you looking for a corporate trainee programme that not only challenges you, but helps you gain expertise while prepping you for your very first professional role? Would you like to work internationally on exciting projects? You want to find out how diverse wholesale can be?
What makes it so special?
Directly from the start, you will have a mentor and you're accompanied throughout the programme's duration by HR experts to guide you. The mentor offers you high business- and customer awareness, profound coaching and exciting insights for you and your personal career.
What you can expect
- 18-month term from 1st of October 2023
- International assignment in a METRO country
- Ongoing mentoring and skill training
- Permanent contract
- Networking events
- Application deadline until 30th of June 2023
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Passion for people, food, sustainability & innovation
- Enthusiasm and drive to make METRO and our business your business
- Willing to bring in your talents to succeed together with us
- Motivation to kick-start your corporate career with us
- Masters degree, e. g. in (business) economics, finance, international management
- Practical and relevant experiences through internships, working student positions or extra-curricular activities
- Having studied abroad is a plus, not a must
- Proficient level of English is a must
our trainee programme at a glance
Our trainee programme consists of four so-called streams. Some of the strategically most important departments of METRO AG are represented in each of these streams. We want to give committed talents the opportunity to take off with us in and after the trainee programme!
We would like to point out that the trainee programme is function-specific.
YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS
You send us your application, we screen it.
You will receive your first feedback from us within 10 days.
Interview with Hiring Department and/or HR
You will prepare a case study and present your results to your colleagues from the department.
We then give you direct and honest feedback on your performance.
If everything fits, you will receive an offer from us.
your benefits with us
- Work-life balance: 37.5 working hours/week, up to 3 days "home office" per week, trust-based working hours (flexitime), 30 days' holiday
- Further training: a comprehensive range of further training via our own further training centre or externally
- Well-being: Company medical service, OTHEB employee assistance programme, free gym on campus, canteen with affordable meals
- Discounts: discounted job ticket, as well as discounts at many partner companies
- Convenience: very good transport connections and free parking incl. charging facility for e-mobility, dry-cleaning service on campus
- Company pension plan: subsidy for your pension plan
- Family-friendly: three day-care centres on campus
WANT to refer a friend?
We understand that the trainee programme is pretty awesome and you may not share it with freinds or fellow students - but maybe you have a friend in mind for one of the below mentioned positions? Then share it!